Search This Blog

Friday, March 31, 2017

Gluten Free Ravioli






I saved this recipe on facebook that happened to show up in my feed.  It was much easier than I expected and everyone went ga ga over it.  My son had 3 helpings and I even had left overs for lunch the next day.  I think you could do this with other toppings and fillings with some success.


Zucchini Ravioli

Ingredients


  • 4 medium zucchini
  • 2 cups whole milk ricotta
  • ½ c. grated parmesan, plus more for garnish
  • 1 egg
  • handful of chopped chives
  • 2 Garlic cloves, minced
  • kosher salt
  • Freshly ground black pepper
  • 1½ c. marinara sauce (I used Rao's)
  • ½ c. shredded mozzarella

Instructions


  1. Mix ricotta, Parmesan, egg, chives,garlic, salt and pepper together, Set aside.
  2. Preheat oven 375.
  3. Pour a bit of the sauce on the bottom of a 9x13 dish to prevent sticking.
  4. Slice the zucchini with a veggie peeler lengthwise. Pat dry to absorb extra moisture. (this was a bit tricky...I think if I use a mandoline I would need less zucchini...one has been ordered from amazon and is on the way.
  5. Lay 2 slices vertical so they overlap and 2 across those.
  6. Scoop some of the cheese mix into the center and fold all ends into the center.
  7. Lie them seam side down in dish.
  8. Top with sauce and cheese.
  9. Bake 25-30 minutes.
  10. Remove and sprinkle on more Parmesan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I hope you will follow my blog.