Search This Blog

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Saturday Blizzard!

One way to keep warm during a blizzard is to cook.  We had pancakes and waffles for breakfast.   I thought about making more cookies but we can't seem to eat the ones I've already made.  I decided to bake more bread to use up some of the sourdough starter that seems to be growing.  Let me know if you need some.  I hope it survives the two weeks at Christmas.

Decorating the Christmas tree is another way to keep warm.  I have to say...this year my tree is a disappointment.  I put on new lights and they have a funny color to them...LED white... they blind you so the ornaments sort of disappear.  I think I will be buying more lights for next year.  Not sure what I will do with these lights...I'll probably just keep the tree unlit this year.  I watched the HGTV celebrity Christmas decorating show and was inspired....to one day have a decorator do mine.  Somehow this year I really missed the boat on the decorations.  My tree just looks tired.  It may be time to invest in a new one, but not this year.

For lunch I made cheese quesodillas.

Cheese quesodilla and Mrs. Refros green salsa

I make the quesodilla on a griddle with raw tortillas from costco, but a skillet works too.
This is good on everything, if you like  it hot! Looks like you can buy it in bulk at Amazon.

Sourdough bread is baking.  I will wait for it to finish before I hit the hay.  Owen has an early hockey game (7:15am).  I have a lot of bread...if it's not too snowy I'll have to go to the store for more fondue cheese to eat up the bread.  It's time to start giving some of this stuff away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I hope you will follow my blog.