Search This Blog

Friday, January 21, 2011

Quick and Easy Dinner


Last night Owen had hockey practice and Anne had dance.  Something quick and easy that I often forget to make in a pinch but works well is stir fried rice.  I have a wok but you can make it in a skillet.

You will need
the equivalent of 2 cups uncooked rice...cooked (can be cooled or hot)
vegetables..I use broccoli, shredded carrots and colorful bell peppers...the mini's work well...sometime I use been sprouts and mushrooms

I buy big bags of basmati or Jasmine rice form costco so I always have some on hand.  basically the cooking ratio is 1 to 1 1/2...1 cup rice to 1 1/2 cups liquid

I made 2 cups of rice so used 3 cups of water

oil the wok and add in the vegetables on med high heat, add some water for steam and cover until steamed...sprinkl with a hint of ginger and soy sauce, cook for a minute more, and then set aside.  Add more oil (2-3 tables spoons)  to the wok and mix in 2 eggs to scramble up...after eggs are cooked through...add rice, sprinkle with ginger and a generous amount of soy sauce.  Stir it up until combined and add the vegetables back in.  Stir it all together and it's ready to eat!

Here are the directions again in case these seem confusing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I hope you will follow my blog.