Search This Blog

Monday, November 15, 2010

Just another Manic Monday

Good news!  The banana bread is tastier today than yesterday.  I guess it just needed to rest (not having the secret ingredients) to make it instantly delectable.  I didn't have as much time today to plan a meal.  Sean had to work later than normal and we carpooled today so instead I took a trip to Trader Joes.  It just opened in Omaha on Saturday.  I love the soy/sesame rice crackers.  I once ate an entire bag on a road trip from Charlottesville to DC.

One of my favorite Trader Joe's snacks!
By the time I got home it looked like a convenience dinner was in the cards...which is ok after the labor intensive pie from yesterday.  The battered cod from Costco is delicious for the whole family so I popped that in the oven.  I always try to have some on hand for days when cooking is rushed.


Paired the cod with broccoli spears, hash-browns because I didn't have "chips" and some texas toast.


On another note, yesterday I went to Target specifically for something but came home with a bag of other stuff I had no idea I would buy until I got there.  Needless to say I really NEEDED those items.  :)

My new favorite Target purchase and it's under $10? Sticky hooks that aren't suppose to damage  surfaces.  I popped them onto the inside of my cabinet and voila, a convenient place for dish towels and scrubbers.  Does anyone else have issues with dish towels all over the kitchen?  My kids leave them everywhere and it always make a tidy kitchen look unkempt.   It's funny how little things like these can bring a little bit of joy.


On to my latest favorite snack.  I discovered Pop Secret Homestyle microwave popcorn.  I had been buying popcorn in bulk from Costco but that really limits the choices of flavors.  Well we ran out so I grabbed this flavor the other day and it's my new fave.  It's best with Parmesan cheese sprinkled over the top right out of the microwave.  I swear...how did I not do this before.  The homestyle flavor tastes really natural so if you like more butter, the parmesan would be great on that too.  Just use the green plastic canned kind.  A delicious treat.

1 comment:

  1. OMGosh!!!!! Soooooooooo excited there's a TJ's open in Omaha!!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I hope you will follow my blog.