Search This Blog

Thursday, November 25, 2010

No Fail Turkey!!!

Don't listen to the experts!  Cook your bird breast side down and cover it with a lid, after smothering it in olive oil and your choice of spices (this will make a fine gravy later).  Test the bird every hour.  When the leg starts to fall off take the lid off and brown (if needed) for 15 minutes to 1/2 hour.  This will be the juiciest bird you've ever cooked.   I'm not sure why the "experts" tell you to do the opposite but I have never basted a Turkey and don't own a baster.  If you read instruction for wild birds, the instructions are more similar to my method.

Chopping up the green peppers for the stuffing.  I do Cornbread stuffing.  I don't stuff the bird...I bake it in a pan...I don't like soggy stuffing.



For breakfast we had deviled eggs.  I mix my egg yoke with mayo and mustard and a touch of pepper.  Delice!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I hope you will follow my blog.