Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

11/9/2010; Chocolate Chip Pancake recipe


Chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast anyone?  I usually make this at least once on the weekend but Anne asked so nicely for them this morning.  I had some extra time so I whipped them up and then went into a food coma as Sean drove us into work. The rule is if I make them with chocolate chips that you cannot use syrup.  It's my way of cutting sugar out of the kids diets.

No coffee...too busy making pancakes.  The plan was to stop at Starbucks but no easy parking out front so now I drink gross La Rue coffee from the break room.

Can't wait to get home and see if those beans are finally the right amount of tenderness for the chili.  Kids probably won't eat it but Sean might.  Still sticking with the chicken plan for tonight.

2 cups flour
1/4 c sugar
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups skim milk
1/4 cup oil (i use olive oil)
2 eggs

whisk together dry ingredients, whisk together wet ingredients mix wet and try until somewhat smooth and well mixed (don't over mix)

pour 1/2 cup rounds onto griddle, sprinkle choc chips evenly (usually 7-9 chips depending on size) flip when bubbles appear.  Stack and eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I hope you will follow my blog.