Search This Blog

Friday, January 14, 2011

Dinner for a dolla!

My husband is a huge fans of beans and rice (he likes red and I like black).  He doesn't eat meat so it's what he orders at Popeyes.  Canned beans are not cheap...especially when compared to dried.  I finally thought ahead last night and got out a bag of red beans, covered them with water and let them soak overnight.  In the morning I strained them, covered them with fresh water in a crock pot and put the crock pot on high.  When I came home from work the house smelled yummy and the beans were done...JUST LIKE MAGIC.  I just put some rice on the stove and in a few minutes we'll have dinner for about a buck.  I sprinkled some creole seasoning on it (the kind that has some salt) and it gave it just the right amount of flavor.  Make up some cornbread and I'm good to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I hope you will follow my blog.