Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Freezing temps!!! Currently 7 degrees and Sunny...time for Fondue

Nothing is cozier than fondue and when you have 4 fresh loaves of bread, fondue is a good choice.  I picked up my fondue pot at JC Pennies online for $25...really nice stainless steel.  A really great value.



Sunday I didn't post but I should have.  I made two batches of cookies, homemade ice cream and something else but I forget now...which is why I started this blog...to keep track of what I make and the mistakes along the way.  I made the good ol' Oatmeal cookies that are already posted and put half in the freezer.  I also made Ginger cookies...I thought I was making gingerbread from reading the recipe reviews but it was more like a gingersnap only delicious and chewy.  I put half in the freezer as well.  6 to a baggie and then put the baggies inside of a freezer bag.  I've been trying to stop buying these types of snacks at the store and just make them instead.  I figure it cuts out some of the processed food and preservatives we are now plagued with at every turn.  The one thing I really try to avoid is corn syrup!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I hope you will follow my blog.