Search This Blog

Monday, August 13, 2012

Admiring Ol' Friends

There is nothing better than reconnecting with an old friend.  Especially ones you admire for being so open.

I am the kind of person who is rarely serious.  I think it's partially because I like to laugh but also it's a defense mechanism.  When I moved away from dear friends years ago I developed this knack as a way to not feel and not make real connections.  Since then I have moved so many times .....  So, what happens when trying to connect with an old friend who did really know you?  It's a little bit scary.

Luckily, my old friend is FEARLESS!  Thank goodness for my fearless friend who is always true to himself.  I admire you for being you and for the passion you bring to your life.

When did I get so whimpy?  I guess it's time to be real.  Not sure I know how so I guess I'll go bake some pumpkin muffin cookies.  Get a taste for fall now that the weather has cooled some here.

Ingredients

  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 cup shortening
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1 can pumpkin

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets.
  2. In a large bowl, cream together sugar, egg, shortening, and vanilla. Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon; stir into the creamed mixture. Stir in the pumpkin.  Drop dough by teaspoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheets.
  3. Bake 15 minutes in the preheated oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I hope you will follow my blog.