Search This Blog

Thursday, August 16, 2012

No Pizza tonight

After I posted the pizza recipe last night I became tired and distracted.  (I've been fighting off a virus) I forgot to make the dough!  Ugh, I will try again to remember tonight.  Maybe if I make it when I get home from work I won't forget.  I won't have time later this evening.

Tonight we have new parent orientation for my daughter's high school.  Yes, she started today.  It really brings me back to when I started high school.  The friends I made that first year I consider to still be my best friends today even thought it's been over 20 years since I've seen most of them.  I can't figure out what it is about that time in life that makes those friends so special.  I do know that the following years of high school did not yield such important people.  Perhaps it is because I moved away and no one could measure up to those special few.  I hope that my daughter will encounter that same experience of true friendship that will last a lifetime.

I've lived in Omaha now for 5 years which is the longest I've lived anywhere (consecutively in one city) since grade school.  I've found it difficult to put down roots here with out any family or close friends to be my anchor.  I really need to come to terms with the fact I will be here for some time.  I do not intend to move my kids in the midst of high school.  That means 6 more years here.  I wonder if I will feel like this is my home after that much time?  I've been avoiding having the back yard landscaped because I cannot imagine being here long enough to enjoy it.

Things to do:
make Pizza Dough
go to parent orientation
plant some trees and ....

oh yeah,
I need to remind myself that I need to make cinnamon rolls for Owen this weekend.  He's been asking for a week.  The long vacation we took really got me out of practice for thinking ahead which is required for anything that needs time to rise -and I am not sure I have all of the ingredients.


I created this blog to keep track of meals I make and what worked.  Now I'm finding that I'm using it to remind me of what I need to make...and doing a little reflecting along the way.  Another blog I created for a specific purpose turned out to function for the opposite purpose.  Funny how these things go.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I hope you will follow my blog.