Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Juicin'

Ok.  So you may wonder why about a year ago my kitchen posts sort of fell off a bit.  I think it was because all of the baking I was doing was causing me to feel a little unhealthy.  I may be slightly sensitive to processed sugars and flour.  Having baked goods occasionally seems ok, but as much as I was baking...well lets just say things were not going well in the digestive tract.  American diets are over processed and the added baking wasn't helping mine.

I invested in a really good juicer. The changes I felt in my health were amazing.  I can't even begin to list all of the benefits.  I started juicing about 3 times a day.  If you are interested in getting as much micronutrients as possible, juicing is the way to go.  Eating lots of plant life is how you do it but many of us cannot ingest the amount we really want to reboot our lives so we juice it to condense it into a form that can be delivered very efficiently.

If you are interested I strongly recommend watching Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead and/or Food Matters, I also enjoyed the The Beautiful Truth.  Take what you will from them as I cannot verify that all are completely factual but they are interesting to say the least.  Our society has come to think of medication rather than food for health.  I found it interesting anyway.

I don't juice exclusively.  I don't really need to lose weight but I do want to be as healthy as I can.  I did stop eating meat over a year ago and I don't really miss it much.  Anyway, I may post some of my favorite juice recipes here in the future.  My juicer is a cold masticating juicer ...helps preserve the phytonutrients and prevents some oxidation. 

I still drink coffee though...we can't get too crazy here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I hope you will follow my blog.