Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

No Knead Pizza dough

I thought I'd give this a shot.  It has to rise for at least 14 hours so you really have to plan ahead which is why I have never made it before.  I am a last minute chic so planning ahead is foreign to me, kind of like this blog.

Anyhow...this is what I will be doing tonight in the hopes of some delicious pizza tomorrow.

No-Knead Pizza Dough Ingredients:
2 oz whole wheat flour
16 oz all-purpose flour
*about 4 cups total
1/4 tsp dry active yeast
1 1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp sugar
2 tbsps olive oil
1 1/2 cups warm water, if possible, use bottled water as chlorinated water can retard the yeast growth
cornmeal as needed


Basically you mix to a sticky consistency and then roll out when it's ready.  We shall see.

Note: Rising times will vary based on the temperature. It should probably go at least 14 hours to develop enough gluten, but could take as long as 24 hours to double in size.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I hope you will follow my blog.